sulkie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fbomb, Mar 2, 2005.

1. fbomb

fbomb LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a new sulkie. Isn't there one calle the Pro Glide or something close to that. It's a platform with no wheels. Has anyone ever used it?

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Its a proslide.... they are great.. do a search and you will find a lot of threads....

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If it has no wheels, how to you back up while standing on it?

4. TeamFla

TeamFla LawnSite Member

You cant back up while standing on it. You have to get off, no different than the type w/wheels.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 7 or 8 1-wheel and 2-wheel velkies...we back right up on them while standing...no need to get off.

6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who makes the ProSlide? Also some guy has a black no name sulky on Ebay, has anyone used this type before. I would hate to think a Sulky is a Sulky.

TrmmerTrap has the Bull Rider and Bronco Rider that look pretty cool, costs a good chunk of $$ for them, but I need one ASAP. :)

7. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Here's a the manufacturer's site for the proslide. PROSLIDE

Keep an eye on eBay there was a guy on there selling new ones for $125-$150.

8. ztoro

with the proslide its really no big deal to back up.. step off it raises itself up then step on it when you go forward again.. they are nice when you need to mow on hills when you can use a sulky.. Once you step off it raises up and outr iof the way.. no need to trip over it or lift it up manually to hang it off your control area...

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

ztoro, what did you pay for your Proslide?

Also rbeitz thanks for the link, I sent them a e-mail to get more info.

The guy on E-Bay has the black sulkys for about $150.00, I don't want to get one and later wish I had paid the bucks for a good one like Jungle jim's or TrimmerTraps. I have been trying to price the Toro Tuff one with no luck.

Thanks for the info folks!

10. ztoro

when I got it it was like 175 on ebay... The only thing I didnt like was it felt like a lot of drag on hte mower.... It is the best sulky I ever used though... and its fun to use as well.....