1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Mar 4, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 50" gravely with 14 horse kawasaki. I know it will pull me on sulky(250 lbs.) because i had one last year that i made and even with not so good belts pulled me fine. So what kinf of prices am i looking at to get a sulky that would work good with this mower???

Thanks guys!! snapper
  2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Any 2 wheeled trailering sulky, I would choose jungle wheels.
  3. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

Yeah i agree. I like my jungle wheels. I think they are about 300 bucks or so. Well worth it.
  4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

These ones here!!!!

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Who makes the single wheel sulky. The one where your feet are next to the wheel?
  6. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

wright does its called the velke
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have the 1 wheel velke on both of my walk behinds and like them, '' mower sulky'' offers a 1 wheel and a 2 wheel version at an economical price, not sure of the quality.
  9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Rockstate. Does that velke fold up under the handlebars? You know, using a little chain or something. And if it does, is it out of the way so that it doesn't interfere with walking?
  10. 398982

398982 LawnSite Member

I have the two wheel version velke on my 36" husqvarna it does fold up although if you get going to fast it will sometimes swing and hit me so I usually just pull the pin and take it off if I do not plan on using it.