Sulkies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fairwayCuts, Sep 10, 2004.

1. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've got a JD GS30 36" and was thinking of buying a sulky for it. I think it would make my cut times go down a good amount and there not to much money. Wondering if any of you have had experience with them?

2. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

A great investment . You will be able to work longer hrs without getting as tired.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Its one of the most profitiable tools you could ever buy for your walkbehind. It will greatly reduce the fatigue and allow you to go much longer without getting tired. I find that after I mow with the sulky I am all charged up to trim after im done cutting.

4. I couldn't imagine life without my Velke X2.

5. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

I agree W/ above you can cut faster for longer without walking yourself to death

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

A sulky is an absolute must have piece of equipment. Walking all day will whip you into shape but you can only walk so fast. Get the sulky and have a less tiring and more profitable day.

Gravely_Man

7. 25nbl

25nbl LawnSite Member

Just like everyone said. Just don't use it when the grass it real wet or you will tear that lawn up like you wouldn't believe.

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont agree that they will tear up the grass. At least no more than the mower.

9. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

We use a Bull Rider from TrimmerTrap and it works great on our TTHP.Could never walk that fast all day long.Very wise investment on my part.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I just bought one today. A SW2000 model from Havener Enterprises. Haven't used it on a lawn yet, but I'll give a little review of it once I do.

Looking forward to trying it out.