Sulky For About $12.00 !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Oct 19, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

here are some pics of a sulky i just built. i have never seen one up close only in web pages. so if i didnt do something right yall point it out.tell me what would make it better.it articulates up far enough to be stored by the handles and just as far down.and in the pic you can see how far it goes left and right.i need some hints.i only have about $12.00 in material invested.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see any pics....

3. befnme

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

looks good. the only thing I would do, is put some type of anti slip coating where you stand. perhaps the stuff they use on the top of skateboards.

5. befnme

6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

You could weld a piece of expanded metal (what the gate on a trailer is made out of) to it to keep your feet from slipping. I would think about enclosing the top 1/4 of so you can put toes in it. This will help you to stay on it better also. You can raise your toes up to help stay on when you are turning. Just my .02.

7. befnme

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, what they said, put something along the front to keep feet from slipping foward. Ouch avoidance.

9. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

Check out this website. This is the sulky that I use and I love, there is a good pic that shows you the "toe covering" that these guys are talking about. Good luck, looks preety good for $12

http://www.junglejimsap.com/

10. befnme

i think if i put a peice of angle across the front like an upside down ( L ) that should work.