sulky for aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jan 11, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So I am browsing around in my Irrigation and Green Industry magazine, when all of a sudden I see it. A sulky on the Turfco Aerator 26. I think to myself, can this really work.

So I starting to think more to myself, could I hook up a sulky to my Turfco Aerator 20?? Would it really pull me?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

That would be pretty cool if it could handle it.

3. tiedeman

from earth

well, what doesn't make sense in the 26 has a 3.5HP Honday and my 20 has a 4.0HP Honda. So why not, right?

4. Old Hippy

Old Hippy LawnSite Member

The Chariot Sulky will only work with the TurnAer Aerator as it has a differential drive with brakes and is designed to turn. Regular aerators just want to go straight when you put a sulky behind them. Unless you are really strong. But that would take the easy part out. Nope gotta be an aerator that turns on it's own.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My concern Troy is how safe would that be using a sulky? Flat, wide open areas maybe...

6. tiedeman

from earth

I know what mean.

Speaking of great customer support again. Turfco called me today and saw that I was selling my aerator on here and asked whether I had a problem with it and whether they could fix it for me. Great customer service!!! I told them nothing was wrong, I just wanted to sell it for I could get a TurnAerator. She offered to help me sell it through their company (so if anybody is interesting she will refer them to me).

Like I said, that is going above and beyond customer support. Great job Turfco! :)

7. Old Hippy

Old Hippy LawnSite Member

I would have to say that it is safer than a sulky behind a mower. I used the thing and the sulky is hinged to the aerator at the aerator and rolls on it's own not like a mowere sulky that can pitch up in the air. I actually ran it around in a road ditch to see what I could do with it. I weigh 245 pounds and am 57 years old and it was easy. I'm gonna have one..

8. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I have one and it’s great in open or semi-open spaces. In close quarters it’s just a pain to have something else to worry about when going around something. In the open areas it’s like have one on a mower, much faster than I could walk or one of my guys could walk. Love mine so far.

Hope this helps, littlenic

9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that is great to hear. I am considering buying a new aerator later this year. I will definately consider Turfco. That kind of customer serivce is rare.

10. tiedeman

from earth

I know, I love it when customer service is like that. That is how it should be. Going out of THEIR way to make the customer happy.