1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sulky on 48" Exmark walk behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Jul 16, 2000.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 48&quot; Exmark hydro walk behind mower. Is a sulky a good or bad idea on this machine? Thans for any help.<p>----------<br>Tom<br>
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

A set of wheels behind a WB is always a good idea in my opinion.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Exmark turf tracer 48 in and have a two wheel velke, it works great, took a lot of time off jobs that i always had to walk. It it less tiresome can do more jobs, but is hard on the old kneees.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get a 2 wheeled sulky. It will be a lot more comfortable than a singlewheel.
  5. Bubba5

Bubba5 LawnSite Member

I love the jungle wheels, its got two wheels which also seems to leave a better looking track then when i had a one wheel sulky
  6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the ProSlide at www.novaecorp.com<p>I got one this season for my WB and it is awesome!!! To say the least! Nice smooth ride which probably outrivals any wheeled model.
  7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Scraper,<p>Where did you get the proslide ? It doesn't tear up the turf ? Does the fromt of the mower deck tend to rise? I wanted a sulky for my belt drive, but turning around would be a pain. Since this retracts, it looks doable. I checked out the website and there distrbutors, but couldn't find a price at any of them.<p>jeff<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: jeffyr
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff,<p>It cost me $300 and I had it the day after I ordered it. The distributor I had to go thru was in NJ. Tear up the turf it doesn't! What it does is lay some sweet stripes! My mower left a good striping effect without, but with it is untouchable. The front of the mower deck rises only on steeper uphills, but it would do that with any other device. On the steeper inclines I'll usually walk it anyway as it is difficult to keep it straight. I'm using mine on a 52&quot; Scag Hydro. I tried the wheel versions, but with the hydro I needed something fixed. The retraction feature is AWESOME as it allows you to continue cutting without having to sidestep the sulky. Sometimes it doesn't want to go up, but with a little lift up it goes. And like I said in my previous post...it glides so smoothly. Heck I look for bumps in hopes of catching a little air. It like riding a snowboard. Give it a shot! you won't be let down.
  9. Proturf

Proturf LawnSite Member

I agree with Scraper. I just got the Proslide several days ago to use with my Scag 32 belt-drive, and it is absolutely AWESOME! Especially for belt drives where you have to get off the sulky to back up, the Proslide is the one to get. I've used the one-wheeled Velke with the belt drive and two-wheeled ones with hydros and none have come close to the comfort and smooth operation of this one. Get it and you won't regret it... Mine was $289.