Sulky or no Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Dec 31, 2007.

?

Do you use a sulky with a w/b

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

just wondering, how many of yall use sulkies with a wb? i am debating whether to get one or to just walk it out and get the extra excercize

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

does TruTrak count? if so, then yes for me.....

3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i use my sulky all the time. I have one from Lesco on my Lesco 48 inch hydro float deck. Love it. I was afraid of it for the first part of the season but got used to it.

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

what brand?

5. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

Have Jungle Wheels on both of my wb. Wouldn't dream of using them without.

Walt

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive used mine on my 36 gear drive wb...on some yards though its more of a pain so I take it off and walk...If Im mowing a steep hill or its really small with alot of turning, then I think Im faster without it.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro walkbehind and Tru Trak sulky is the only way to go. Tru Trak sulky is the best sulky out there and its only available on Toro.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I sold my 48" wb and my 36" cant accept a sulky but I did like the velkie on the 48". I logged about 100 hours walking and then got the velkie as a gift and it was quite possibly the best gift ever! I would use it on about 90% of my lawns and the others I would walk for whatever reason (hills, mudpits, etc.)

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

you never know when youll get a job that needs to be done now and its more than you want to walk!!

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using them since 1996. I made my first one out of an old yard cart my neighbor gave me. A sit down model with a place to keep your feet. I sold it with that mower.