Sulky/ Proslide question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Mar 15, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get a sulky for my 36" mower, but I have read a lot of posts about how single wheeled ones leave strips and how bad it looks.

But will I have this problem since I will be cutting st.augstine grass only?

I am on the fence between the exmark easy rider/velky/bull rider and the proslide. I would be running an exmark tt hp with a 15 hp.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Have you looked at the Jungleweels.
    John

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive seen a lot of the wheeled sulkys taken off during the rain season around me, the prolide ive been through standing water and no ruts makes a nice splash also.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned and used the Exmark sulky, the Bullrider and the Proslide and the slide has been, by far, the best, hands down. You have to actually try one,IMHO, to appreciate the ease of using the Proslide. I was very skeptial until I tried one and now I wish I would have tried one before buying the sulky and the rider.

5. John Gamba

from ct

The ones with the pro-slides, what size are your mowers and how much do you weigh?

Ive have used the pro for a long time and if the mower is to small and the operator is to heavy you could have a problem.
    John

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

im 190+lbs and have used a slide on 36 exmark/15hp and 36 honda/13hp and didnt have a problem

7. John Gamba

from ct

Cool. I had one on a smaller walk and at 230 and the mower was a 48" the front end would come up and it did have a hard time turning, the wheels would spin.
    I do love them on the bigger Turf Tracers i used for years. The mowers weigh in at 750 pounds. Nothing stopped them.
    John

Heres a pic, (i cant resist LOLOL) Oh this is doc petes favorite LOL

040-400.jpg

8. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

I also was skeptical of the Proslide. For years I've used the velkey but I bought the proslide off ebay along with the gridiron rack system for $250. I have a Snapper 36" with a 12.5 Kohler engine. I weight 180 and I don't really have any problems except when your on a hill. I did have to add 30lbs to the front of the mower to avoid the deck raising up. But honestly you should try one. Not only do they save your legs from walking but they stripe the yard like you wouldn't believe.

9. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting a 36" emark tt hp and I weigh almost 250lb, the mower might not be enough for a proslide, should I get a velky or bull rider?

10. John Gamba

from ct

They do ride over almost anything. Just dont stop fast going down a hill :cry:
    John