Sulky question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuskey, Apr 26, 2004.

1. chuskey

chuskey LawnSite Member
    from NC

I've only had experience with the pro slide on a WB. I was wondering how the wheeled sulky's, like Bull rider, do at getting up curbs. I typically have better luck backing up curbs and I'm wondering how the sulky fits into the picture :). Thanks.

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the Bullrider and the Exmark steerable sulky and the Proslide on my 2 TTHP's and, IMHO, the proslide has worked the best for me so far. I don't do any curb jumping so,I can't help you there, sorry. While the Bullrider and Exmark sulkies worked well for me when I used them, it just seemed like they were always in the way. The nicest thing about the slide is how it retracts up and out of your way. Good luck.

3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Man i thought of that idea of using a sliding plate behind my w/b like 6 years ago. I think the guy who pat. it was like a mind reader or sumthin. We have the one that attaches at 2 spots on the back and when you stand on it and go it lifts up even with weight on it. I think if connected in only one spot out the back with a single wheel it would be better, plus they lock up under the handle so you dont need to take it off to hopp curbs.

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't imagine backin up a curb with a pro slide, or a sulky.........

5. chuskey

chuskey LawnSite Member
    from NC

I do it all the time with a pro slide :) The slide retracts when you're not on it so it's not in the way. I find it harder to get the mover to "drive" up curbs without the wheels just spinning on the curb and not climbing. Of course backing up was the way I was taught so maybe I should practice driving up them more.