1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sulky rideing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Mar 27, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I just orderd a new W/B and am getting a sulky and bagger for it. How hard is it to get used to. Its a new lesco 48 in HD float deck.I havent orderd the sulky yet but want to now since i have the extra money.
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Its not very hard , just stand on it and hold on, In a few minutes you will have it mastered
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

You might also want to check out the Proslide for your new machine. Good luck.
  5. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

you will get the hang of it within 15 minutes, good luck!
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you will get the hang of it. Actually, the first time that you use it you will think that you're in heaven. You will wonder why you walked all these years
  7. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

IMO if you plan on laying stripes, get the proslide, if not get the Bull Rider as Doc Pete mentioned. I bought Jungle Wheels and I like them alot but I really only use them in the spring and fall. I use a striping roller from Big League Lawns and using the Jungle Wheels creates conflict (having to get off, lift the Jungle Wheels up so I can do a "3-point turn" to continue striping).
  8. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

9. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I have a single wheeled sulky, after a few minutes you will get the hang of it. At first it feels a little strange but after a short time you will get use to it.
  10. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

if you are looking for a lesco sulky let me know my girlfriend had one put on my mower for a surprise gift.......but i would rather have the pro slide. its brand new just put on yesterday! she will understand .......wont she?