Sulky suggestion for 36" Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Feb 17, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have this 36" Toro Proline 15 hp. I rarely ever use it and it's in excellent condition. I thought about putting a sulky on it so at least my helper or I would get a little good out of it.

Would anyone recommend a decent fair priced sulky for this WB or is this WB suitable for a sulky? Large tires, low price would be a consideration due to bumpy lawns and the fact I don't use it much. Is it worth considering a sulky for this WB?

I admit I don't use or know much about WB's or sulky's. Advice appreciated.

Tor 1.jpg

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure if its heavy enough for a Tru-Trac, let me check my manual and see if it lists your model...I will get back with you.

3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I love my Jungle Jim's 2 wheel sulky. Use it behind a 12.5 hp Scag 36".

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

If your mowing a bunch of uneven and bumpy lawns I would pass on a sulky and just walk. I have the tru trak sulky for my 48" and its the best sulky I have ever used but with that being said if the ground is really bumpy it will jar you to death.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know why that Jungle jim wouldn't work. Looks like drill a few holes in the back of the deck and that's it. I like the two tire design, looks like it would ride better.

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Best thing about as far as I'm concerned about the 2 wheel sulky are that you don't get that goofy tire print down the middle of your stripes. I never had a single wheel, so I can't really speak to ride quality comparisons.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I've owned a couple of these mowers. I've bought sulkies (a total rip off) and I've made a few with my brother.

2 wheels are much better than one, for durability.

If you have any welding ability, you can whip one of these together for well under $50...

8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that a belt?

If so dont waste your money.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

4 belt drives for me, 4 sulkies. I'm happy. No prob...