Sulky Wheel Replacement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mwalz, Sep 15, 2013.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well found out today when i was looking over my mower and was going to do some maintenance that my sulky wheel lost it's seal, it's the single-wheel kind too. Anywhere you guys no of i can get a replacement wheel, i bought it used from a friend, and when i got it, nothing was wrong, well the seal broke so would it be cheaper to have it fixed or just buy a new wheel? the logo on it says "Mower Sulky"

I don't know the model number or anything on it

2. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you past a picture?
    Is it a Velke?

3. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Not saying to buy from there, but if you go to ebay and in search, type "velke" . There are many parts listed. See which parts looks like what you need and you should be able to figure out what you have.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. monoshock

On most single wheel sulkys the wheel bearing can be replaced, the complete wheel doesn't need to be repalced.
    I just rebuilt a single wheel Verke.

5. monoshock

6. mwalz

All it is, is the wheel lost it's seal, it shouldn't be too hard to fix

7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Might have to post a pic. Could be an aftermarket wheel or not rebuildable?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. monoshock

Most single wheel sulkys don't have a seals. Never heard of a complaint of to much help :laugh:

9. mwalz

Just went out and took a pic, hope this is good enough for you, i took the wheel off earlier and i think i foumd a replacement but it didn't say it was for this sulky in particular, i put a little graphic too where i mean by the seal, it appears to have had some kind of sealant because it was gooey right where the tire connects to the rim

sulky.jpg

sulky wheel example.jpg

10. monoshock

That wheel has to be greased, it does'nt have seals. The oval hole/window is for access to grease fitting. If the wheel spins free and does'nt sound noisy it will be okay, but you need to grease it.