1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sulky Wheel Replacement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mwalz, Sep 15, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be wrong but sounds like what he's saying is the rubber seal that may hold the grease in is gone, therefore, it will not hold grease but the arrow is pointed to the tire and rim. Possibly just needs seated and air.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. echo

The gooey substance between the tire and rim may be fix a flat or some slime that was put in the tire to prevent or fix s leak. Where the arrow is pointed is the bead where the tire seats to. If that's what you mean by seal, it sounds like the tire and rim seperate a due to a flat and needs air.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I miss read. That tire is a tube tire, it has a two part rim. Most likely thats just water between the rim and the tire that turned black. If the tire holds air, there isn't a problem.

4. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it doesn't even hold air, since I'm not to good with tire stuff, they guy who sold it to me (he is a friend) said he would help me fix it, thanks for all he help guys, I'll eventually need to know how to do this but this has never happened before, at least to me anyways

5. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope. Never before in history has a sulky had a flat. Uncharted territory here folks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mwalz

Well again guys, thanks for all the info, the guy helped me fix it today and now i know how if it happens again

7. echo

So what was it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mwalz

Well all he did was put some greeae around where the tire touches the rim, compressed the tire with a ractchet strap around the rim, and then aired it up with an ait compressor, was really easy to do