Sulky with a 36" Scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hurrikanelandscaping, Feb 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hurrikanelandscaping

hurrikanelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Hi, I have a 36" Scag and was thinking of buying a new sulky for it but a lot of my friends are telling me not to because they say it makes the lawn look like crap. What do you guys think, does using a sulky really decrease the quality of the cut?

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 2 wheeled one on my Scag 36 and it doesn't make anything look bad. The grass has long since been cut when it goes under your sulky, so it has no effect on the cut quality.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

It depends on the lawn, and how much you weigh. On some lawns it doesn't seem to affect it to much, but on more fussy customers you may want to think twice.

4. jaybow

from Mi

It is worse on a 36" because your rows are close together putting the tire trax also closer together.

5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 32 toro with a sulky and i dont have any issued with it destroying the cut. but i mean here we are cutting st aug and we dont stripe or any of that crap all the northern people talk about. a sulkey is nice because your not walking the whole yard

6. jaybow

from Mi

Diferent grass types are affected differently, but most here are matted down with your body weight on those narrow tires. But it not so bad with a wider cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device