sulky with lock for backing up ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nekos, Aug 3, 2004.

1. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

i know the pro slide is very popular . i think i have heard all the pro's and cons of it. backing up is my biggest problem with it and I'm not sure if i should get one.
    this is not my question though :)

the dealer where i am getting my mower has a sulky with a foot plate that locks it so it does not jack knife. i can't even remember the name of it , but it looks nice . i can't find any thing like it when i do a search here or on google.
    i was just wondering if any one has had experience with this type of sulky and if they like it or not ? and if the lock will even work how i expect it to .

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

www.trimmertrap.com

Look for the Bull Rider on their website.

You can do a search here for the Bull Rider for feedback on it.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

It's called Rack 'Em Mfg. They make the one with the reverse lock. The drawback is that it's only made in the one wheel configuration, or at least last I knew. I'd check into the Bull Rider from Trimmer Trap unless you're using it on a belt drive.

4. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

it is made by rack em. i just talked to my dealer. and they do make a 2 wheeled version .i can't find a web site for them though. < edit > i just found there web site ... http://www.rackemmfg.com/e-z.shtml
    has any one ever used one of these before ? i was also looking at the bull riders they look nice and i think exactly what i want ! but i have 2 questions .
    1 . is a bull rider to big for a 36 hydro ?
    2 . I'm getting a gravely pro H pro steer. how is using the pro steer controls with a bull rider ?