Sulky??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Signature Landscaping1, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

The guy at the lesco dealer recomended me not to put a sulky on my new w/b, its a belt drive, he said it would strech out the belts alot. Is the true? Can i put on on my mower or not. if not i am goin to install a striping roller.

2. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

My mower is belt driven and I have a 2 wheel velke w/ a 14hp kawi, and I'm a big guy, and mine's never "stretched" out the belts.

Ask your dealer if it will void the warranty and go from there. That's what really matters.

Also, I stripe kit like the CheckMate one will work with a velke/sulky.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

ask him how would he like to walk 10-15 miles a day?

4. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

Ive had a 1 wheeled sulky on my belt drive for the last 4 years and have never seen it stretch out the belts more than normal wear and tear

5. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I use my sulky every day.I won't leave home with out it.I use a belt drive and only have to replace my belts once a year!Even if you had to replace them twice a year , that still isn't bad! use a sulky it will make your life much easier!

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

It may be time to look for another dealer.........

Never had any problems on my belt drives, even with a proslide on a late 80s ExM 36".

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

i have to use one i walked all last year, its good exercise but im wiped out by the end of the day, and my knees started killing me, i have to get one and im going to, plus if have to replace the belts every yea or two, it doesnt cost much at all. i cant switch dealers its the only lesco in my area.

8. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

What kind of belts do you guys usually use?

9. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Since wb belts are common you could try taking your belts to some shops around you area. Then you can see if they have something else that fits which they more than likely do.

10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The Lesco sulky is for a hydro only. For a belt dr look at the Bull rider

similiar but can be used on either. Ed