Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt Hermann, May 18, 2011.

1. Matt Hermann

Matt Hermann LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a sulky for my Exmark 32" 12.5hp walk behind. It's belt driven. Any guidance as to which to get, what brand, two or one wheel, etc would really help.

Also, I really like the Proslide...will what work on my mower because it's belt?

Thanks!

2. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

I have a single wheel heavy duty rarely used will do 100
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

Only do the single wheel if you weigh a buck 5. I bought a cheapy scratch and dent for 180 shipped off of ebay. Seems to be holding up well and I was impressed with the build. Also mine came with no scratches, no dents. Shoot this guy a message on ebay and see if he has anymore. http://shop.ebay.com/bradleymowers/...=nc&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1 I know they do not recommend the swivel wheels for belt drives.

4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Why only if u weigh 150?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

6. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

If it is wet you will leave a rut.

7. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

More weight on a single wheel causes rutting. 2 wheels spreads out the weight better.

8. vamcars2000

vamcars2000 LawnSite Member
    from texas

I bought a two wheel sulky from trailerracks.com and I love it. It does take some getting used to. I have a 52" WB zero turn scag, and it works great. It hasnt rained in houston in what seems like years, so I know know the effects it has on a soft yard.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

At these prices you better get 2-3 lol, they don't normally sell for less than $200 and the way prices have gone
    these past years $300 is not at all unusual, I can't believe $125 for either of 1 or 2 wheel, even thou I have several
    already I think I'll order some myself, they don't last forever and if you can get several of the same brand going that's
    even better because of parts cross matching.

I like that Havener myself

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I just ordered two, couldn't help myself, this helped some more:
    Economy Shipping: FREE