Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt Hermann, May 18, 2011.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Sulkies are useful on big lawns, but if your a big guy 200+ lbs it's hard to keep front casters on ground and going straight takes
  2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks just ordered one. Picking up lawn accounts left and right, need to speed this up a bit.
  3. Ricky24

Ricky24 LawnSite Member

Got mine from about a week ago and painted it red so it would match my exmark. If you get one plan on buying new 6mm grease zerks mine were all broken off. Other then that this thing is awesome. I got the 2 wheel one and it works perfect. I recomend it to any wanting one.
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

velkie x2= no subsatute
  5. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine from today and that thing is huge and heavy. All the zerks were fine on mine. I'm going to paint it to match my Scag. Anybody come up with a good way to hang it from their Scag when not in use?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

My Toro has a existing chain from a old sulky, mounting plate is still there, but planning on using that.
  7. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

When I hung mine it was on the way of the gear lever.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. land_scaper70

land_scaper70 LawnSite Member

Have a single and a double, bought the double (jungle jim) I did not like the stripe from the single wheel. The single wheel rides in the middle of the mower leaving a single wheel mark, the double wheel line up with WB wheel and leaves a better looking stripe. My employees use it on the bigger lawns. By the way I'm 250+ and the belt drive pulls me around fine, a little help is given to the machine on the bigger up hill though, flat and mild grades are not a problem.
  9. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

If you have large wide open areas the sulky is best. If tight spaces with lots of turning the velky(single wheel) works best. I've tried them both and for our small lots (50x100) the sulky is not practical,cause of it's lack of tight turning radius.