Sulky

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by precisionlawninc, Mar 9, 2004.

1. precisionlawninc

precisionlawninc LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a Trimmer Trap Bull Rider sulky for my 36 " ExMark HP Turf Tracer. It weighs about 50 lbs. I need to suspend the Bull Rider while transporting the mower on my trailer due to the space my other mower takes up. There doesn't appear to be a practical part of the mower to chain it to. In addition if there is a place to suspend it I'm concerned about the damage that could be done to the mower as I drive down the road with the potential of the sulky bouncing from a suspended chain. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I've got a 36" Exmark also and have a velkie x2 attached to it. I drilled a hole through the thicker metal under where the hydro control lever is. YOu might have to drill it off center just a tad. didn't bend or damage anything on mine. Dont really know all the dynamics about the bullrider though. Could be more difficult.

3. precisionlawninc

precisionlawninc LawnSite Member

Thanks Locutus, I'll check it out.

4. sgtgm5

sgtgm5 LawnSite Member

Hi,

I have a 48 scag walk behind. It came with a chain but I went the cheapest route and I have never had a problem. I use a black bungy cord. I wrap it around the cross member between the grips attaching one end to the attaching loop and I connect the other end to the bungy allowing some play for bumping around when driving. Never had a problem. When in use I leave the bungy and disconnect. When done bungy is there and I just reconnect.