sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Nov 26, 2004.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

i find myself now wanting a sulky for my metro,and am eyeing the 2 wheel unit from landscaspers supply,anybody use one.i like the looks of jungle jim but dont want to spend that much.any ideas

2. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Just make sure that you don't get a one wheeled. They leave a stripe right down the middle of your stripes. I have one and have just had to deal with it.

3. CGLC

CGLC LawnSite Member

I got a pair on ebay for $120.00 they just came in the mail. There made buy this guy in Oklahoma pretty heavy duty. the site is to long to post just type in "sulky"

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree two wheels are better. They balance out the weight, more stable, and don't leave that single line.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use a 2 wheel velke sulky love it to death. One of the best investments in regards to production I ever made.

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have tried them all and bar non is the swivel wheel sulk. Do a search for swivel wheel sulky they run from 200.00 to 300.00. They have scratch and dent models I buy those. They are heavy duty, nice tires, grease points and are powder coated black they ride like nothing else. Money spent is worth it they come with a mounting plate and a really nice mounting hardware. I think it is call a SW 2000

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, like previously said, do NOT get a one wheeled sulky. I have one and it destroyed the nice look of my stripes, now I'm selling it to get a proslide.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Look into a BullRider from Trimmer Trap. They are the best 2 wheel castering sulkies, IMO. Very heavy-duty.

9. Big Dog

Big Dog LawnSite Member

I was thinking about buying a walk behind. I was wondering can the sulkies on the market fit any brand of walk behind. Thanks for your info.

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Get a Velky x2. Bolts right up without an adaptor plate and is painted Exmark red. Mine has been worth it's weight in gold.