Sulkys of Sliders breaking mounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCUT1, Jan 26, 2004.

1. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Anybody had problems with their sulkys or pro-slides ripping through or bending where they mount to the machine? If yes, how did you solve the problem? Wanna know if maybe mine were mounted wrong. Had the problem on 2 machines so far.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I sold the Murray. J/K

I have a proslide and its mounted on the Toro WB. I have never had any problems with metal tearing. What kind of machine are you having problems with?
    In any case you could get some thicker stock flat bars and bolt in for a quick fix or reinforce the whole works with a welded in plate.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

As MOW ED suggested, I would just weld a plate of thicker stock to the frame of the mower!

4. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

mine did that on a toro 52" wb, i did what the said and welded some stock on each side and drilled the holes after, worked fine

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I tore the mount on my proslide after 3 seasons of use. I attribute the stress to riding on slopes.

6. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

My pro-slide works good on my 36''toro hydro with 15hp kohler.I weight 175 lbs.Shock absorber has lost a little use though.I might put on a spring to help it back.I've had it 3/4 of a season.I love the split second alternative to ride on small properties,and gated yards.I'm glad i bought one.My turfrider sulky sits in garage for now.I'll still use it again.I'd just re-enforce your unit as needed also.:cool:

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yeah, on every sulky I’ve owned thus far, the mounting bolts for the sulky hitch plate always seem to work themselves loose. I’ve used lock washers, lock nuts (nylon insert/aka nyloc), they all wiggle loose. I might just tighten them up good then put a tack weld on the nuts of the bolts so they can’t come loose again haha. Then if I ever needed to take them off the weld would just break with a twist of a wrench or grind it off quickly. Never tore the metal itself though and I’m pretty hard on things.

8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

thanks for the replies...that is the fix im gonna use. were running bobcat w/b s and they have very little overhang on the back of the frame.

9. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

What has been suggested or loose weight ;)