1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grassboy, Feb 28, 2000.

1. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

I have never driven a walkbehind w/ a sulky. I am going to get one for my Exmark turf tracer 52&quot; and I was wondering how good is the exmark self steering seated sulky? Also, for normal sulkys, do you jacknife, or sometimes, when turning, have to stretch to reach the controls? Like I said I haven't ever used a sulky, so please fill me in on this subject. I want to buy that exmark one that you sit down on, but can you see where you are going on that thing???? It looks so low to the ground that it seems you couldn't see very well. I am kinda short, 5'4&quot;, so this is a large consern of mine. Please let me know of any info you guys could provide. <p>Thanks,<br>Grassboy
  2. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I wouldn't waste my money on a sit down model. I use a set of jungle wheels and have no problems keeping my hands on the control while turning because it doesn't pivot up by the mower but in the middle the only downside is you can't back up or it will jacknife. I would suggest you get a set of rocket wheels they don't have any pivot points both of the wheels swivel instead so you can backup.

SNOWMAN Guest

I glad to see your choice is an exmark. good one.<br>But back to the sulky when I USED WALK behindes the sulky was a pain don't wast your money just buy a good Velkie you can pin it up when you dont need it.<br>Good luck<br>Hey I have a pair of 1999 model lazers with low hours on it if you might be interested.<br>25hp. 60&quot; works well on residential.<br>
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a stand-up one. I like Jungle Wheels the best.
  5. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

I was wondering if the exmark sulky jacknifes???? Does it do this just like other sulkys????? Thanks for your help so far.
  6. WOLF

WOLF LawnSite Member

Jungle Wheels
  7. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

SNOWMAN,<br>How much for one of your mowers? How many hours? Anything wrong with them?<br>