Lawn Care Forum banner

Summer Drop Spreader Fert

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Smallaxe 
#1 ·
Well I dont have a LESCO anywhere remotely close so I am left to rely on BEST brand distributors or the local Feed Mill Supplier. I have a drop spreader and would like to use granular products only here in Vancouver WA and was wondering what some of the guys here in the NorthWest are running as granular this time of year. Most of my lawns are non irrigated Blue / Fescue / Rye mixes.

#2 ·
Use Scotts--get it at Home Depot. Turfbuilder 25-0-5 or whatever. The higher the quality, the greater will be the percent of slow release nitrogen.
But if you are in business, get licensed, then get an Anderson's stainless steel rotary. Home Depot sometimes carries Lesco. However, it is best to base your fert formula on soil tests and supply precisely what your soil needs.

#7 ·
Ok, :)

It's been a long time since I looked at a bag of Scotts...
Now, now. I don't buy it. I've just seen it in Lowe's while buying a light bulb.
BTW the OP probably doesn't know why you questioned the pre-emergent i.e. that it is a root inhibitor for the good grass.

#8 ·
Now, now. I don't buy it. I've just seen it in Lowe's while buying a light bulb.
BTW the OP probably doesn't know why you questioned the pre-emergent i.e. that it is a root inhibitor for the good grass.
Hahaha,,, Nothing wrong with Scotts, just overpriced. N is N, and "slow release", is quality or not, according to its stability.

Root inhibitor should be an understandable consequence, for all LCOs. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.