1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Summer foot fungus

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siklid1066, Feb 3, 2008.

1. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

How can one prevent foot problems in the summer months?Since your feet sit in sweat for 10 hours a day there do to start rotting away.
  2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Goldbond powder and Swap out between 2 pair of work shoes allowing them to dry out everyother day helps alot.
  3. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

2 fungus rash threads in 2 days

warm weather is coming YAY!

4. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Look for Ventilated mesh gym shoes, if you wear boots your screwed ...
    Otherwise, try changing socks and boots frequently, some guys powder boots
    to absorb moisture....
  5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Change socks when you feel them geting soaked.
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

A kid that helped me a couple of years had that problem. He wore running shoes...not water proof...and his feet would start out soaked and stay that way all day. They would even have a nice green hue to them from the grass...

I always wear gore-tex work boots...I sweat in them but my feet arent soaked like his were. Ive never had the fungus problem.
  7. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Foot fungus is caused by your feet being too wet for too long. Buy some Merrill Shoes!!! Yeah, $90 a pair but last I checked feet were important to this line of work. They are "Vented" hiking boots, unbelieveably comfortable, light and durable. This will be my 5th year an I haven't had one pair of shoes last me an entire season until I got the merrills(last season). I will never work in the warm weather again without them.
  8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

One of the best thing I've found for getting rid of athletes foot and jock itch is Monostat 7. I had a doctor tell me this and he was right. Doen't burn, stops the itch and works fast. To keep my feet from sweating so bad I use Right Gaurd spray anti-pres. Around Toothless Wonder and my boys I like cornstarch.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Swap out shoes every other day. Spray your feet with an anti-fungal spray. Keep anti-fungal powder in your shoes. This works! I have BAD problems with my feet and this is what helped me. But you have to stay doing this regimen or it WILL come back.
  10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Also wear white cotton socks. No colors. Boric acid foot baths are no fun, but mine got that bad at one point.