Summer Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim1075, Jul 5, 2000.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

How young are most of the guys that you hire for summer help? And what is the yougest that you will hire?

2. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

18 and up.

3. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

My brother started working for a landscaper last year at 13. I started 3 summers ago at 16. The only reason my brother got a job was that he would come in with me, only work 3 or 4 days a week and would mostly water, weed, and pick up sticks. This summer he is doing everything. As long as the person has experience, desire to learn and isnt some punk, you should be good at to hire any age. bonus if they got a licence.

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I started working for a landcsaper when i was like 13 or 14, The first day i worked i stated useing the blower(it was fall) The next sping I was cutting and by summer I was running the skid steer (i think i was 14 by then)I've also worked in constuction all my life cuase my dad is a builder and excavator. I'm pretty sure hiring someone at 13 to run equipment is totaly illegal though.oh well

5. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

Where in NJ because i'm from NJ too.

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in somerset county, what about you?

7. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

Bergen County

8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Bergen County as well.<br>Hello to you !!

9. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

What town i'm in Allendale

10. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Dumont. A stones thow and a half away. My email is in the profile if you would like to correspond.<p>jeff