summer homes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike lane lawn care, May 7, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone here do summer homes for people?
    i picked up this account today and it was a smallish lot with a log cabin and a ton of work to be done on the yard. it was a summer home on a lake for a couple who live in manhattan. she went over the yard with me and told me what she would like to have done. i give her a price of $65 for the cleanup and $25 to mow(normaly my minimum is $30, but this yard is super small), she says

"thats fine, we are going back to new york tomorrow and won't be back until memorial weekend, so there is no rush to finish the work, now here is my number for new york, if you see anything that needs to be done , like seeding or whatever, do it, call us up and we'll mail you a check ASAP."

these are the people that i like, the lawn won't need mowing every week and i can do the work whenever i have time, plus the fact that they aren't affraid to pay extra to have work done, is good too. any one else have an account like this?

2. pgoulding

pgoulding LawnSite Member

I do Mike, The clean-up that I posted pics of the other day was a summer home. I am probably doing anouther summer home clean-up in the next couple of weeks. They are the best becuase I would rather the people not be home when I am doing work, and I can do it when ever I have time.

-P.J.

3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

75 percent of my cutomers are what I call weekenders. They only use the house for weekend visits. I never see them. Some customers I haven't seen in 5 yrs. Send the bill and mail the check. Just perfect.

4. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i am in the same situation. about 60-70% of my customers I have never met. mostly people from philly, i maintenance their summer homes at the beach in south jersey.

they are never a hassle, never complain, rarely call, send payment on time, etc.

my other customers are mainly older people who constantly try to beat me up on the price, get free services here and there, etc. theyre freakin cheap but theyre loyal, have had them for years.. gotta deal with a mix of personalities i suppose