Summer Intership

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Exeter Property, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Exeter Property

Exeter Property LawnSite Member

I am currently a first year student at Pennsylvania College of Technology and I am looking for possible employers who are looking for interns. I am majoring in Ornimental Horticulture with an emphasis in Landscape Technology. I live in Reading, PA and am willing to commute if necessary. Any employers in the area that are looking for help can contact me at:

James Wiand
    610-804-7008

Thanks

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

PCT just had a career fair not to long ago didn't they?...You also missed a huge agricultural career fair up here at main campus about 2 and a half weeks ago, a bunch of landscape companies were here...but if I were you i would give Brickman group a call, and also Longwood Gardens

3. Exeter Property

Thanks, I attended the Career Fair and I am already scheduled to meet with Brickman this fall. I was looking for more landscape operations that did not attend PCT's career fair.

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

What would you be expecting to do? Expertise? Hours?

Chris

5. Exeter Property

Chris,

I see that your company covers all the aspects of the landscape industry. If possible, I would like to explore all aspects if possible from the design and construction to fertilization programs and everything in between.

My expertise is some-what limited but I have worked for another landscaper in the Reading area. I know how to mow, trim, plant trees and shrubs, and install retaining walls and perform alot of other tasks. I can operate numerous types of equipment and am willing to learn. I have personnally installed 3 large timber retaining walls. I am a very fast learner and will do anything that is needed to complete a job.

The hours that I would work would be everyday possible starting in the middle of May until I would return to school in Williamsport,PA. In the past when I worked for the other landscaper, I worked around 40-50 hours a week and in the evening I worked on a farm for about 3-6 hours everyday during the week. On weekends I usually worked 20-25 hours for my self so I am no stranger to hard work.

Education: Currently a first year student at Penn College of Technology
    Degree: In 2009 I will graduate with an Associates Degree in Ornamental Horticulture with an emphasis in landscape technology.
    References: Available upon request

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

PM me sometime w/ your info. I would be glad to talk to you.

Chris

7. Exeter Property

hey chris i sent you my info. let me know if you didnt receive it.

thanks
    Jaime