Summer project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by stuvecorp, Sep 27, 2008.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some pictues of the project we just finished.

synders2 002 (Medium).jpg

synders2 003 (Medium).jpg

synders2 006 (Medium).jpg

synders2 008 (Medium).jpg

synders2 011 (Medium).jpg

2. stuvecorp

Here is a couple more...

synders3 001 (Medium).jpg

synders3 012 (Medium).jpg

synders3 013 (Medium).jpg

synders2 007 (Medium).jpg

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

The workmanship looks good. The design leaves alot to be desired. I feel you could of accomplished alot more with the same budget if you had a better design. I'd recommened finding a LA to use for design work. The most important thing is to find a LA that understands grading.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I actually like the design. The onlything i would have done different by the pictures is stagger the joints on the steps and a different color wall block. Looks good.

5. stuvecorp

A LA did the design and we added some tweaks too. What do you have in mind, I like to hear feedback whether it's good or bad. How else can you get better, right?

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice work!

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I think its to much walls. I would of pulled the first wall as close to the driveway as possible and maybe made it a block taller and then just of grade the top out. Then spent that extra $ on plants.

No matter what you build a wall out of it is still a wall. A nicely graded slope with plants will always look more appealing.

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks very nice. I disagree with mrusk i think the design of walls look great. Glad to see someone else hydro-seeds.
    mike

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I disagree, it looks stately. A different color, a lighter color would have been better.

10. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I'm with rusk on this one. It's like you have to look for the house because all of the block overpowers it. I especially don't like the set of tall columns as you get close to the steps and I think the lamps look way to small. Also do something with those dishes so it does'nt look like a news station. Not that you would want to share it but what was the gross / estimate on that job and do you have any before shots?