Summer Rainfall Total's

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by agrostis, Sep 1, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, after a surplus of rain in the spring, even a week with 7" of rain, we are now sitting at -6" of rain for the summer months.

At least at this time last year, we had a hurricane or two that shot moisture into the midwest helping to break the drought.

This year, no dice......

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Try getting no rain. That is worse, and I have seen and worked thru both scenarios.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Well, we were in the midst of our biggest drought of the year, until this AM.

I think we had seen minimal (.1" or less) or no rain for close to 4 weeks. Then we had 2-5" of rain throughout the area within a couple hours.
  4. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Lucky you. Here on the state line we only got maybe a 1/2 inch. Grass is as brown as it can get. My own grass i haven't mowed in 3 weeks except over the leach field.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The last 2 years have been real good.

Last week and this week have been the hottest of the year and the rain has stopped. This may be my last super busy week.
  6. KCMO95

KCMO95 LawnSite Member

We are over 30" behind for the past two years... The only ones I've even considered mowing in the last month have been ones with irrigation systems.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We're back on schedule finally! but it killed the design install side of the business ARGH! I guess there's always next year.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Read that in one of the 'burbs of GR they measured 5.63" in 3 hours. Rain is good, but not quite that much at once.
  9. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya man, it's awful! We've had 59.xx" of rain here in western NC and it has been a MISERABLE mess! Many more years like this and I'll need mood altering meds.
  10. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

All I know here in MN it feels like it hasn't rained since the 4th of July.... Ugh