1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Summer Storm Brings More Money??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrbenfer, Jul 22, 2003.

1. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

A storm came threw the other day with high winds and a few tornado's.... Trees everywhere..... I'm wondering if i should put a add in the paper or something for storm cleanup??

I got 1 call for a storm cleanup, but turned it down because the old Lady kept yelling and going on about the price and how the city should pay.

So should I just continue mowing and my normal schedule... or ... Spend $40 for a storm cleanup add in the paper???
  2. rsmith

rsmith LawnSite Member

Spoke to a guy yesterday who did over $10,000 in tree cleanups just yesterday. Not too bad for a days work. Sounds like it would be worth it to me.
  3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Do you have access to a dump truck and chipper? Do you already have chain saws? I can tell you right now... that the prices for renting chippers, and buying saws has already gone way up. Even just to buy a saw, or rent a chipper now is going to be hard to do.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

When we had our big ice storm last winter, we advertised and partnered up with another landscaping ocmpany in town and made loads of money. Since it was such a bad storm we did offer our services at half price to help people out. Most other people charged double to do the same work. Word goes around quick if people think you raised your price for people's misfortune.
  5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

In the early 80's we had a Hurricane Gloria come through.

Best thing that ever happend to my bottom line.