Summer/Winter contract.. pick at it!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigjeeping, Aug 28, 2005.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

As some of you may know my background.. I mow 60 residential accounts, but have NO contract or service agreement for any of them.

Well being that this is my first year, I've learned a little. From here on.. I will have a service agreement for any work I do!!!!!

This is my winter service agreement for plowing. It can easily be modified for lawn mowing, and I will do so in the spring for next year's mowing season. But for now I am getting ready for winter!! I am not getting much action on plowsite.com so I figured I'd let you REAL MEN (LCO's) take a look at it and see what you think.

I think that it covers most of the bases, but it may also be overkill. I've never written one of these before so let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

come on! an advise? :angel:

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi bigjeeping,

Feel free to compare your contract with the free contracts we have here. I know there are a few that are specifically for snow plowing. Maybe they will help you.
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

4. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

All sounds good but, I might think about leaveing out the part about working till we can't work any longer so we will have to take a nap. This to me if I was a customer might put me on edge that you may not be as alert and careful as you should be. I think that if something major happens it might open up a window for the customer to screw ya! Just my gut feeling.

5. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

. If it continues to snow (15-20+”) and you need 3+ clearings during one storm, we’ll work as long as we can without sleep. Then we’ll have to take a little nap and then work some more! Please be patient during large storms. If the city roads aren’t cleared yet, it won’t matter if your driveway is. You can expect this time frame with any company. However, we work as hard as we can to get your snow cleared as fast as humanly possible

I agree I think I would take out this whole part. It doesn't sound professional and can open up a whole can of worms down the road. And as far as the customer is concerned, they are paying you to provide a service and they don't care if it snows straight for 2 weeks straight. They want the service done and it is your responibility to make sure it is wether you do it or somebody else does. Just something I have noticed over the years. One of my trucks broke down a couple years ago and I couldn't get back up to the apts. to clean out the spot until evening and the owner was complaining. Said he didn't care that I had a vehicle break down. If he is paying me to work he expects the work done.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

Hey that looks really good i agree about taking the nap part out and also in the payments section add an address for which to send payments and also in your liability section add a p[art about you are not responsible for vehicle damage ie them sliding off their drive and needing a tow truck but use better words because you dont want to have to pay for a tow truck or damages to their cars.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't remember my exact wording but, I put something like, safety is a priority, I will plow until I consider it a hazzard for me or others, this means, sleep, low visibility or other safety concerns.
    also I have on the bottom right where the customer signs in bold print
    It is against the law in michigan to push snow into the roadways. please do not ask me to do so.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Too long....

Most people dont wanna have to sit down and read a long contract just to get there yard cut.....

9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

I would add your insurance information. Also i don't see your address or contact information anywhere?! Hard to get money when your clients don't know where to send it. payup payup

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

long is necessary for snow work, lots to cover. And straighten out the depths,they overlap 1-5", 6-8" 9-11" etc instead of 1-5", 5-8", 8- 11". If its 8" what do you charge? the higher or lower price?