Summertime Blues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnmedics, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Keeping up with everything between the rain, sun, help, and the new accounts how does everyone keep on top of things? I am greatfull for the business but trying to get things done on time for me seems to be impossible. Holding on for dear life any help in prioritizing. What to do would be helpful?

2. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Hope this isn't oversimplified, but whenever I feel overwhelmed with everything, being a single parent with two teenage sons, starting up a new business, etc. I just write everything down on a legal pad, and then prioritize. When you start getting the things done on the list, you see progress. It also helps you make sure you do the things that are most important first, and not fall behind. As the list gets smaller, you start feeling like you are accomplishing something...works for me...sometimes...lol

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes it helps if you drink a lot...LOL

Seriously, sometimes you can't get everything done each week. Mother Nature sucks, but she calls the shots. I just do the best I can and keep my fingers crossed.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I have lists of things to do on the desk,in my pocket,on the counter,in the truck................................
    Gotta write it down and follow the list for the day...........
    Maybe it's just old age creeping in................LOL!

5. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you hoolie!!!!!!!!!!!

6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

HOOLIE Means Drink alot at lunch, Smoke while you mow, Take your shrit off when you get hot, and oh ya dont forget to tint them windows

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup,now that's the ticket! Smokin and jokin................
    LOL!

8. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Drinkin at lunch is not helpin us out but drinkin on Friday seems to make it alright til monday.

9. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I am about a day behind with the rain we got lately, I mowed last Friday in the rain which was light. Then comes the stress of trying to get all the mowing accounts caught up, the trimming jobs are pushed back a day, the two mulch jobs with plantings - had to reschedule those, not to mention that two of my commercial accounts are 2 months late on payment, yet they pay thier bills net 30 days (which is now 60 days and counting). 48" WB is acting up - need to service it. But hey, this is life, I just deal with it one day at a time - it's all you can do. Stressing out on such matters doesn't get you anywhere's but a sick feeling in the stomach.

Shawn