1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Summit Landscaping 2013 Work/Stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Tizzy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

you should sell me the ford :laugh:

2. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

everything is for sale for the right price payup

3. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

How did you learn tree work ?

4. Tizzy

I learned everything I know about tree work from a drunken Irishman that worked for Davey tree for 30 years and has probably forgotten more about tree work than ill ever know. learned climbing and rigging with a lot of practice and learned all the arborist stuff with a lot of studying. hundreds if not thousands of hours of studying.

if you've got any specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

5. landscaper5

Do you think a bucket truck is a lot more efficient or do you think climbing is more efficient? Also, do you think there's tree jobs where you couldn't use a bucket truck and would have to climb ?

6. landscaper5

I was also wondering if you would hire some one under 18 too help with mulch jobs, fall clean ups, etc ?

7. Tizzy

it all depends on what the terrain is. a bucket truck is by far faster than climbing but there are tons of tree jobs that we come across that have to be climbed simple because there is no way to get the bucket truck near it. or the bucket just cant reach far enough. climbing is definitely the most reliable method but the bucket is by far the fastest.

age isn't really a huge factor, for that type of work I've had kids under 18 help out with fall cleanups and such before. but nobody under 18 would be on jobs like the firehouse project where heavy equipment is being used.

8. Tizzy

got some more pics here. took a shot of the 3 zero turns.

also got a shot of the new toy and some of the cleanups with it. it is absolutely amazing how much faster cleanups are with it. we did 7 hours worth of cleanups in 3 hours. amazing. worth every cent.

IMG_20131108_084343_565.jpg

IMG_20131108_103308_539.jpg

IMG_20131108_111825_221.jpg

9. Tizzy

Some Work Shots with the New Hurricane Blower

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Complete
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Tizzy

Last ones. this cleanup used to take just over an hour to do the whole yard with 3 guys. with the hurricane it took 3 guys 18 minutes

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]