Sun Burn ????

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by M&S_Lawncare, Jun 15, 2007.

1. M&S_Lawncare

M&S_Lawncare LawnSite Member

Ok, I know I am not the only one in here to ever get sun burnt while on the job. Lets see some pics of your best or worst sun burn...
  2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I always use Sunscreen because I truly hate sunburn. I passed out drunk on a beach in my younger days and I will not go thru that again
  3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, someone must be a little bored, they want to see other people's sun burns.
    How about TANS?:laugh:
  4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

a few years ago, I had a major farmers tan goin on. but now that we live on a lake I don't have to worry about that.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Farmers tan!! LOL! you ain't seen anything till you seen mine (and you won't by the way) My arms, up to the ends of the sleeves on the shirts, my legs, between the bottom of my shorts to the top of my socks, and my neck look about 100% mexican. Iv'e had mexican and indian people compare and I'm usually darker, lol. However... everything else I didn't mention, is ghostly WHITE. Iv'e seen albinos with more of a tan than I have on my chest and feet.

As for the "burn" I don't have that problem on the areas that are already tanned. Now if a bit of the white gets exposed for the day and I don't realize it, WOW! Looks like i torched that area.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, I got a really good farmers tan here. Esp. under my watch:laugh: . I burn though, like whenever I am out all day, it is worst on my neck.
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I have a bad farmers tan on my arms and neck...
  8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a great farmer tan going. I'm almost as dark as I can get on my arms and then all white on my chest and stomach. My feet are very white and my legs are the color of whiskey. Once I'm tan I don't burn. The tops of my ears got burned really bad this year. That really hurt.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Watch those ears man... I hear all the time of skin cancer on the ears from older guys that have worked outside all the time like we do. A few years ago I started wearing a wide brimmed hat in the summer sun to keep it off of my ears and neck. Because of how many of them are vented on top, plus the shading you get, it does feel a little cooler than just a ball cap. However you have to get past the fact that you look like a total dweeb in those hats... But I'm not mowing for fashion, lol.
  10. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I know, it was the first time I fogort to put sunscreen there. I remember it quickly now after that. I would wear one of those hats, but I work at a school where I know a lot of the people. I don't think I would hear the end of it. Maybe once they are out for the summer.