1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sun Burn

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by farmboy52787, Jun 11, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Just throwing this out there, got a Sun Burn on my shoulders Sunday, and I have learned my lesson about that because damn doesnt it hurt wearing a back pack blower! I have the Red Max 8001 so that doesnt help at all since its pretty heavy, o well I'll get over it. Anybody else have this happen?
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

By the time it starts to tingle; its to late!!:(
  3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

100+ temps here and I have been wearing long sleeve shirts!

Amazing how much cooler it is. I ordered half my last supply of company shirts 100% cotton and long sleeve.
  4. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

well i was shirtless all day because I wanted a tan and the humidity Sunday was unreal I never put a shirt back on till the next day!
  5. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I am burnt up right now can barely move lol
  6. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Same here Sunburn and carrying that damn heavy REdmax 8001
  7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

God only gave you one body. Abuse it now and you will not have it to use later. Wear sunscreen, protect yours eyes, ears and toes.
  8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't get sunburn... go straight to 'black'..... literally.
    Actually had someone come up to me on Tuesday and say.... "damn bro.... you are the darkest white man I have ever seen...." Held his arm up to mine.... I was darker by many shades.

Sometimes it sucks. Of course, my *** is as white as the screen your looking at.
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Way to much info there Carolina:rolleyes::laugh:
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm religous about wearing sunblock. I look like a spotted cow with all the moles I have. Luckily no one played connect the dots with me at sleepovers growing up.

I had one removed off my back when I was in high school, since then, sunblock all the way.

I will say the sun block makes me feel about ten degrees cooler, that's enough for me. I especially like how they make it in spray form now too, much easier and less greasy.

We need to start a pic thread of the perma socks/ shirts everone has.:laugh: