1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

sun burn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 9, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if a person has bad sun burn, is it ok to put an ice pack on it?

2. think you be better off get a spay or cream for sunburn....man start wareing that sunblock ...i do after the doc had to lazer off some skin cancer's.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Aloe Vera Gel is great and really relieves the burn.
    However, if you can't afford sunblock, you probably won't be able to afford this.... ;)

4. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

After he collects on that $300 he should be able to afford it. :D

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use both Gels and sprays to take care of sunburn, mostly contains Aloe...but man is it expensive. I was thinking of just growing my own Aloe plants

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually put sun screen on my shoulders, back of neck and my face, thats where I usually burn, I put it on before I head out to work that way it kinda "soaks" into my skin and stuff won't cling to it while I work, otherwise I don't burn, try to get a nice tan:)

Jeff

7. tiedeman

from earth

my wife yells at me for not putting sunscreen on, but I have tried it before and I am caked with dust and dirt by the end of the day because it sticks to the lotion.
    As she says, its better to be dirty than to have cancer. But I still won't use sunscreen. After the first burn of the season, I don't burn anymore after then, seriously

8. Big Lew

Big Lew LawnSite Member
    from pa

I also have skin cancer.....The Dr recommends only one thing and that is NO Sun.....none.....if your cutting grass....wear a large hat and cover yourself with the lightest clothing to stay cool....they even want you to buy special clothing. I go every 6 months for a whole body chk up and I have also had a malignant tumor removed about 5 yrs ago,,,,had nothing to do with the skin cancer,,,,two different types of cancer here,,anyway,,got the skin cancer from long days on the flight deck of a carrier without a shirt (many years ago)......its no fun to be cut up every 6 months or so,,,,so do protect yourself....take it from one who knows.
    ><> God Bless

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

for some reason I never burn.......... I have one hell of a farmers tan though;)

10. tiedeman

from earth

LMAO...don't we all.