1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sun protection

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, May 18, 2008.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

So since you guys are on a bashing roll this weekend. What are you doing to protect yourself from the sun? If you are wearing longsleeve shirts what kind are you wearing? Other then sunscreen.

I was just reading a fishing mag talking about it.
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Sunscreen on the head and neck, ears. Usually a long sleeve shirt, contrasting color, underneath my work polo. If shorts, which usually it is, sunscreen on the legs.
  3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a polo shirt and shorts; no hats or sunscreen. I suppose its not a bad idea to try to hide from the sun, but I can't be bothered
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I smoke cigs , ride a harley without a helmet and spend many a winter day running the old logging roads of northern Maine on a snowmobile at 80-100mph. I got a funny feeling it aint gonna be the sun that takes me out.
  5. I got bit by a friggin misquito that d-mn near killed me and has left me with a lifetime of physical problems. Life is one big crapshoot. People who spend a ton of time on protecting themselves from everything are the ones who seem to get the least done.
  6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Funny ya mention that. With my high risk lifestyle , my close call came in the form of a car accident caused by someone else crossing the center line while on their phone.
  7. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I run with scissors.

But I do put sunblock on back of my neck, my ears, face and exposed arms.
  8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

sunscreen on the bad days...

always a hat and sunglasses, long pants no shirt if I can.
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can protect your hands from UV by wiping glue joints with your fingers...
  10. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

NO shirt you are asking for all kinds of trouble from this group. No shirt and a earbuds and a IPOD. That is what i'm talking about.