1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sun Screen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meier, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Meier

Meier LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I've been using Banana Boat Faces. It's SPF 23, but I really want something much stronger, like SPF 50 or so.

I have to use Faces because it's the only hypo-allergenic and non-oil based stuff I can find. I don't want grease all over my skin and I'm allergic to regular sun screens (same reaction I get with Armorall and car wax too).

Anyone have any suggestions?

DFW, TX
  2. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

My Dr. tells me that if you use anything stronger than 30 you are wasting your money. He told me about Pre Sun sun screen and it's like putting on baby lotion. It has some alcohol in it I think because after you apply it it seems to go into your skin. I like it because it doesn't come off until you wash it off. Works for me.
  3. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I heard that to if you get more than 30 your wasting your money. I use banana boat that stuff works pretty good.
  4. martn

martn LawnSite Member

here in south fla i use Ocean Potion sun block #50 it has parsol 1789. it works great. i can stay outside all day and i do not burn. if you cannot get it let me know and i can send you some. martn
  5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you do... avoid the NO-AD brand...... it's Cr*p!

I use a spray on... I think it's banana boat... easy to apply, and dries fast.
  6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

The best sunscreen is Bullfrog.

I will never switch away from it. I wear it in the water and even then only have to re-apply no more than a couple of times in an 8 or 9 hour day outdoors/in the water. It comes in small spray bottles that you can drop right into your shorts side pocket, and it's dry 10 seconds after you spray it on. Even at the end of the summer my girls and I don't look like ads for melanoma prevention & we are outdoor addicts. Do yourself a favor and try it.
  7. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

I used to be a lifeguard for about six years straight, and I used a brand called "Bullfrog". Worked great and I think the SPF is 50, but have heard as well that anything over 30 doesn't make it better.
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

CBB -

I beat you to the bullfrog post by one minute!!! It is great stuff.
  9. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

I do not use any and i never will!!!!!!!!!
  10. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I use Blue Lizard Australian Suncream.
    I get it from my Dermatologist. It's good stuff, SPF 30+ and very waterproof. The bottle actually turns blue in the sunlight.:)