Sun Shade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cortar, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Cortar

Cortar LawnSite Member

I own an old, 60" Exmark Lazer. Now that the heat of summer is upon us, I find myself wishing that I had some kind of a sun shade, like they put on large farm or garden-type tractors. Do any of you know if anyone makes a sun shade of this type for commercial mowers? Has anyone made one of their own? Would you have any pictures you could include? It doesn't have to be on an Exmark. I'm thinking about fabricating a sun shade, but I'd like to see what's out there first. Thanks for your help.

Cortar

2. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Its called a wide brimmed straw hat!Unless you are talking a real wide open area wouldn't it be in the way under the trees,if you have any.I have seen these like unbrella sun shades in Northern Tool before, you could try there.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I use a cowboy hat, but then again I am from Georgia.

4. Wangel

Wangel LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

If you look in the Northern Hydraulic catalog, you will find a heavy duty umbrella that clamps onto your mower for sun shade. It should protect you quite a bit from the UV of the sun. Just watch out for the low branches. I've also seen other people fabricate some sort of canvas mounting covers. Whatever floats your boat.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ILL SECOND THE HAT AND SHARP BLADES SO YOU CAN MOW FLAT OUT
    AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE,TO KEEP A BREEZE IN YOUR FACE.