1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sun Warm White

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by addictedtolandscaping, Aug 19, 2012.

1. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Has anyone tried the "Sun Warm White" LED. I have several C-9 projects and want to make the switch to LED, but I am concerned - highly concerned about how they present.

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Had some friends down south that used them and loved them. in color and brightness, they are a near perfect replacement for 7 watt 130v c-9's. since 130v bulbs on 120v feeds tend to be a warmer yellow, these are not 3000k white white. they are probably closer to 2500k, or a "white yellow".

3. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

I had a conversation with regard to them last year as well, but had the change computers due to hard drive failure, and I lost all the info I was provided. I am quite confident we speak of the same people ;-)

4. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

Ordered three from Holidynamics to check out. I am in the process of discussing purchasing another company in the area, well established, and it is my understanding the current roster is past due for an upgrade.

5. britelights

britelights LawnSite Member

We tried sun warm white LEDs late in the season last year and LOVED 'em. They were a perfect match to incandescent. I didn't know Holidynamics had 'em available this year - please let us know if you like 'em when you get them.

6. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

They are here, but haven;t tried them yet. I will send you a pm and tell you what is going on here.

7. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I am so under the 8 ball I feel this season with converting people...may have to wait until next year..or not..lol.

8. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

I got some samples from HDY (like the idea of an abbreviation for Holiday dynamics - that is a pain in the arse to type out all the time). I have yet to fire up the c-9's, but I have to say that they classic white mini's are the first I have seen without the green hue! Beware though, it took alot of convincing for Mike to get the sample idea implemented, but apparently and I can only assume Scott has yet to comprehend the fact that samples are supposed to be free.