sunday work and late evening work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brothers3, Apr 2, 2001.

1. brothers3

brothers3 LawnSite Member
    from ozarks

my questions is have you experienced complaints because of working on sunday or working late evenings thanx
  2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I do the maintenance for the local utilities company. Two weeks ago we worked on Sunday because it was supposed to rain all week and I did not want to get behind. Monday morning at 7:15 a.m. I recieved a call from my contact at the utility company stating that Sunday cuts should not be preformed in highly residential areas because there was a complaint about the noise. I asked which location was he talking about and come to find out it was one in which there were no homes w/in 100 yds. Some people just like to complain about anything. I also have some clients who don't mind if I work on Sat. or Sunday. All of this being said, I don't like to work the weekends but it's a must if weather does not co-operate with me during the week. If you are referring to residential customers, just ask them if they have a problem with you working on the weekends and this will nip the problem in the bud. Good luck.
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I do have a couple of residentials where they want to know before hand if we are going to be by on Saturday, but we don't work on Sunday or evenings.
  4. Hunter Landscape

Hunter Landscape LawnSite Member

round here work on sunday is a big no-no. i have had customers tell me that they saw "xyz" company working on sunday and that evidently they have no life, no planning, or they say some other derogatory comment. here in the bible belt i feel that sunday work would definately be more detrimental than anything even if a big storm was coming or not.
  5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

You might be able to get away with unoccupied real estate properties which are sort of off to their selves. I try to ask people up front about late evening or weekend work when I'm working up their initial estimate.
    Sunday is a good equipment maintenance day and rest day for me. :)
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I slip down to waxhaw nc where Dad is buried
    every other sunday.The family wanted to put down white rock
    but I convinced them to give me ashot at making the site look good.Every time I crank the trimmer I start looking for a squad car.Sure hope they let me do this right.
    Im trying to come up with a quieter machine.
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Residentials should be completed between 730am and 730pm.

Commercial and Industrial accounts we have cut as early as 5am and as late as 1130pm.

Mow-N-Blow LCO
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we don't work on sunday
  9. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I work full time so I always mow in the eve and on the weekends. Sunday is not an issue here. I often mow into the dark and a few people have expresses some "concern" for my safety. I got the new exmark ecs hydro this spring. I intentionally got it with electric so I could put lights on it.
  10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I do commercial and residential so when I can, I get out on sunday and do some commercial accts. Its nice to do them on Sunday, No cars, no people. Also I do alot of fert on commercial accts on sundays. As far as residentials usually between 8 am & 5 pm. Wed - Fri. With Sat only if I have to.