Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjlco, Mar 22, 2011.

1. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

:cool2::cool2:Ok, whos wearing what???? Expensive? cheapos? I wear oakleys polarized, but its time to retire them, just wondering what everyone else wears. Not to mention, its a different topic lol
  2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I use Starlite GS Z87+130mm smoke Price like $10each at a retailer i think I buy them by the case
  3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Costa Del Mar with the 580s lenses.
  4. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

I save my Oakleys for off the job. I wear cheap glasses to protect my eyes from dirt and rocks while trimming, edging, etc. I only spend enough on them so I don't look like a clown on a customer's property.
  5. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Gateway Cobra's for me. :usflag:
  6. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

$200 Ray-Ban's for driving, they always stay in the truck. Cheapos from the flea market for working, they usually last a month or two before they are scratched to hell.
  7. cms289

cms289 LawnSite Member

Wear Randolph Engineering Sunglass', Series - Aviator all of the time. I started using them in the Army and have never looked back. Used to be you would never see me outside without them on. I get a pair every year from the wife as a stocking stuffer, so I have several old ones with knicks and stuff I used to wear while working. They work well and protect from all UV light. A flying client gave me Cébé 'Cecchinel' Sunglasses when he found out I was expanding this business, they are very dark which I like, and have side covers to protect against flying stuff. I have started to use them while working outside with trimmers and mowers, They work really great. They are VERY COOL, I think when I break or damage these I will get them again. They are about 150 bucks, but good glasses are not cheap, and how much are your eyes worth????. This client is known for expensive gifts, gave me a Mont Blanc pen set because it matched my last name. Gotta like a person like that.
  8. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

gatway starlites square(smoke) $2.50 apiece, can wear them all day and not know their on best safty sunglasses I ever used.
  9. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

We're in the same boat :laugh:

I mainly use my cheapo sunglasses for protection from trimming and mower debris.
  10. Sutherland

Sutherland LawnSite Member

Picked up some cheapo Stihl's for 12 bucks. I put them through the blades on my mower and they came out clean.