1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sunrise Lighting Distributor ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by optus, Feb 6, 2008.

1. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with a lighting distributor called Sunrise Lighting. Here is their web site,

They seem to offer solid brass fixtures and multi-tap transformers. Their pricing seems pretty good, but have no idea on the brand name or quality.

Just curious. Thanks.
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like a bunch of offshore knock off fixtures to me. No name brands listed, no listings indicated. Could be from anyone...

Buy name brand. Don't race to the bottom.
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You can find out interesting things about lots of domains at

Just type in the domain name in the box.

Here's what this one says about Sunrise Lighting:

First of all we would like to thank you for browsing our website. Our #1 goal is to satisfy all of your lighting, and we can do so with our 20 years of combined experience! We strive on complete customer satisfaction: Lowest Prices, Highest quality, and most importantly, Top notch customer service. Being family owned and operated, every one of us pours our heart and soul into what we do, and we do it well. We have no commissioned sales people, so you never have to worry about being pressured into buying more than you need, we will sell you EXACTLY what you need to do the job right. Our goal isn't just a one time customers, we want you to be a customer for life. We offer the largest selection of lighting for your home, landscape, business, residential and commercial lighting needs! Three reasons you will never regret doing business with us: 1) We offer the longest warranties in the business, 2) 80% of our products are made here at home in the USA, 3) If you ever have any questions or problems with any of our products, we will do everything in our power to answer your question or solve your product issue to ensure your complete satisfaction. When it comes to our competitors, many of them advertise "made in the USA", but in truth much of their "USA" made products are in fact imported via overseas. For example, 90% of all outdoor cast aluminum lighting is in fact imported via overseas, including our own outdoor cast aluminum line. We will not decieve you. If it is made in the USA, we will tell you. If it is brought in from Overseas, we will NOT falsely advertise it as made in the USA! Just like all of our competitors, we are in business to make a profit, but will NOT do so dishonestly! Our company is made up of employees whom have worked for our competitors, and are simply sick and tired of dealing with inferior quality products and customer service . We have carefully selected and inspected EVERY item we offer for sale to ensure you are getting the highest quality offered in the lighting market guaranteed! SPECIAL NOTE: To customers purchasing outdoor lighting products please be aware that items made of brass and/or copper material will last up to TEN (10) times longer than any other material, as such we offer a LIFETIME GUARANTEE on these materials against rust and corrosion. We also will meet or BEAT any advertised price on any of the products we sell, assuming our cost allows such. Last and definitely not least we do manufacture all of our Outdoor Lighting which in turn will save you a LOT of money on these products which you have most likely seen on other sites for DOUBLE or even TRIPLE the price. All of the raw materials in the lighting industry are bought at the same places. The only difference is which company is the greediest, which I can guarantee is not us. My name is Michael Hanna and I am the owner and founder of Sunrise Lighting. I myself have been in this industry since 1994 and I am never hard to reach if you have any questions or problems with your purchase, or have any questions in general. My brothers David, Joseph and Joshua are also here to satisfy all of our customers by any means necessary. Since we were young, through our strong family values and ethics regarding hard work, we have been providing top notch service that combined makes for over 20 years of quality customer service. May God bless all of us.
  4. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the link. That's interesting information. I tend to agree with James. It sems a bit odd that the brand is never disclosed.
  5. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Dabmar owns the site. It's their way of selling direct to the consumer. There is alot of slime in this business. They are not the only one, I know of a few more sleeze bags that do the same.
  6. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Well, I have a few neighbors that purchased some lights from them and they seem decent. Of course, I wouldn't say the quality is like Cast Lighting, for example, but the price is significantly less. I was just curious on the quality and brand.
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you just answered your own question there. You get what you pay for.

Pete excellent observation there. Notice how close the dabmar logo resembles the sunrise logo ?
  8. irrig8r

Can they honestly claim that 80% of their products are US made?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but once someone places the Christian fish logo on their site or otherwise telegraphs how much more honest they must be, implying God is behind their work, I tend to hang on tighter to my wallet.
  9. irrig8r

So, I thought maybe I'd just give them the benefit of the doubt and did a search on " Michael Hanna, lighting"

Holy Cow! Either these are a lot of real complaints, or someone is out to destroy their business reputation. I'll leave it up to you to decide. Some complaints claim "Michael Hanna" is a fake name.

Funny thing too, Contractors Choice Lighting is also mentioned in some of the complaints.

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Gregg, I agree with you about the whole fish thing. I am a christian, but it drives me crazy when I see busineses prostituting a symbol of religion hoping that you will do business with them (not because they may be the best), but because they may share the same faith. There are a ton of contractors who do that in our area. It is not so much the Christians with the Fish symbol, but rather the Mormons with the CTR. You can go through the phone book and find business after business with CTR, implying that if you are a good mormon you had better do business with another good mormon. Come on, give me a break. Stop mixing business with your personal religious beliefs. I actually go out of my way NOT to do business with fellow christians that advertise this way.