Super Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Jan 23, 2009.

?

Who will win the Super Bowl and by how much?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2009.
  1. Cardinals by <10

10.7%
  2. Cardinals by >10

17.9%
  3. Steelers by <10

46.4%
  4. Steelers by >10

25.0%
  1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

First truth I've heard in months.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

hey - at least you're not an Eagles fan. :)

Arrogance in sports is usually attained when a fan uses "WE" all the time. WE are so much better than YOU. Been on the field lately? Held a clip board and sent in plays today? Or demeaning the other fans for being a loyal follower even though their team hasn't had much championship success. Stating 6th super bowl, blah blah blah

Or Yankee fans not recognizing that their team has all the means in the country to out pay for good players, and if KC or Milwaukee spent what NY does, those teams would be asking for bailout money.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

And you even listen to your own words!

4. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

yea gotta admit the we thing does happen, but just thought that came from being a lifelong loyal fan, and of course you dont know me, but if you did you'd know by saying "we" i'm talking about the steelers.(and something i can't stand is bandwagon jumpers. notice these folks dont say "we" cuz that would refer to who's winning at the time)....i think people are starting to forget this is a game for our enjoyment as well, ......anyways isn't that the objective of games, to get into it, excited, intreaged, hoop and holler LOL

5. OUTLANDER

and that is the answer to the word usually in your post

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know. and I'm being a jackass for some reason. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. One of my 5 days in the week for it. "We" in the irrigation forum have a bad rep for running out other LS members who post here out of the blue.

Good luck. Go Steelers. Or Cards...... :)

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

true Steelers fans possess the humility that comes with knowing that only their first Superbowl win was a walkover

8. OUTLANDER

yea good luck to both these teams, they both do deserve to be there...we all seen that............wish here in ohio saturday meant a day off for this, but we're in a deep freeze, and who knows how long it will last

9. OUTLANDER

what would be exciting about football if it was all walkovers?

10. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Is the AZ franchise now old enough to make a bold statement like this? The Card Franchise is, but their HISTORY would be St. Louis. Cards were always my second choice in both Football and Baseball. Really hit down low to see them leave. It did hit a lot harder to hear the words St. Louis RAMS??WTF? right?