Super cab owners

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stroker51, Mar 19, 2008.

1. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

So to those of you who have Ford Super Duty's with super cabs, how well does the back seat fit full-size people? I've got a 99 Crew cab that fits 4-6 adults pretty comfortable, but it's just more truck than i need. I'm looking at a 99 F250 super cab with about 20k less miles, and much more along the lines of what i need for my personal pickup. I'm just curious how well the back seat in the super cabs fit people. We go on hunting trips quite a bit, which had a bunch to do with why i bought my crew cab in the first place, so it's really nice to have enough room for at least 3-4 adults.

2. LawnProLandCare

LawnProLandCare LawnSite Member

its not the most comfortable fit but it can be done. just dont be stuffing a large person back there for too long. if you only do it a couple times a year i think it would be fine.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Have you ever been in a dodge quad cab? its a little bit less than that. Not the most comfortable, but hey your not sittin back there! ha!

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I used to have an '01 F-250 supercab. I also just recently sold my F-150 supercab.

If you're only going to be using it occasionally for adults in the back, it'll probably be OK. Now that I have a crew cab, I'll never go back.

How big a fella' are you? The reason I ask is if you have some adults in the back, sliding the front seats forward is typically done for legroom in the back.

5. stroker51

I was gonna ask how it compared to a Dodge crew cab, my buddy has an 03 that we took out last weekend, there was 4 of us and it was a little cramped, esp. compared to my F350 crew cab, but not too bad. Texan, you make a good point, i won't be the one back there, lol.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

ha yes sir! I have owned two super cab trucks. And really i didnt find to much problem with them. but once i got a crew cab i now know why everyone says they will never go back to a super cab. and value wise the supers lose value faser than a crew cab. Theyre great for work trucks, but be prepared when its time to sell it, it will be hard.

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my supercab I have room to put whatever I need in the back without having the much larger crewcab but when the rare time comes that I need to bring people somewhere it can work. 75% of the time I'm driving my personal truck I'm by myself 24% of the time I have one other person and 1% of the time I have more then 2 people it doesn;t make sense to drive a crew cab if you aren't going to use it.

8. stroker51

Ya i figured that on the resale, this truck is listed at $14,500, and a similar crew cab would be closer to 20K. I usually drive them till the wheels fall of and then put em back on and go some more. I love my crew cab, it's just not practical for me to have this crew cab dually, I don't plow any huge lots or pull a skid of mini ex enough to need it, I just got a really good deal on it when i bought it. Does anybody need an F350 Crew dually powerstroke 4x4? lol.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I guess I have never had a comfortable ride in the back seat of any extended cab pickup.

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Crew cab--you mean 4 FULL doors right? I have got one f250 and I use it for my kids and dog.. works fine. Had two 220lbs guys in the back and they said they were fine. Sucks for plowing though:cry: