Super Chips Programmer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by turbo5560, Mar 23, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

Selling a Super Chips programmer. I believe it's for about every chevy truck and suv from 99-07. Let me know what you would put it on and i can tell you if it would work. I bought it about 6 months ago and have since sold the truck. Bought for $450. Make me an offer I can't refuse!

2. West KY Lawncare

West KY Lawncare LawnSite Member

Did you have it in your 2002 Chevy hd?

3. turbo5560

no, i have a hypertech on the 2002, it was on the 1998 1/2 ton

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

If you used the programmer on the truck you sold did you reload the program back into the programmer before you sold the truck so the programmer would be good???
    Example= (Most) programmers work with this concept they have a high performance program in them and when you plug it into the computer port in the truck the programmed downloads it into the trucks computer but....when it does that all it doing is switching the programs and trades the high performance program for the factory program so if its that type of programmer then in order for it to be any good for resell you need to download the high performance program back in to the programmer and give the factory program back to your truck. (Most Programmers)

5. Lawn-Sharks

The reason they do that is to keep people from buying one programmer and sharing it with other people

6. turbo5560

of course i took it off... if i didn't take it off i would of left the programmer with the truck...

7. Lawn-Sharks

well just asking! had a guy last year try to sell me a used one for my truck and i explained the same thing to him and his answer was HUH???