Super Deals and customers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

If you get a super deal on a piece of equipment i mean a SUPER DEAL do you pass those savings on to your customer? If LCO'S price out service based on cost of equipment and you save hundreds or thousands on a hedge clipper or mini tiller or ztr or loader do you lower your pricing because you did not pay list price? :waving:

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you in business to make money or to give customers a break??? Just because you get a good deal on a piece of equipment now, doesn't mean that you won't have other large expenses down the road. If you want to work for free, I'm sure the local soup kitchen could use some help. ;)

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah!, Mo Green hit it right on the head , Are you in the business to make money? If and when your equipment breaks down are your customers going to give you a raise?

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

No. Next time you pay a higher price for a piece of equipment try charging your customers more. I would just consider it more for your bottom line.

5. Mo Green

Oh yeah.....I'm sure they will since he gave them a break.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Shawns Lawns

from Maine

I DID NOT SAY that i gave them a break i asked if anyone did. Oh yea i have been looking for years to donate my time thanks for the soup kitchen idea.

7. Mo Green

You may not currently do this, but the way you asked, it seemed as though you may be considering it.

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Its simple JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!

9. Shawns Lawns

from Maine

I did not consider it at all. I asked because people sometimes believe you should pass on the savings, i believe on passing the savings right into my pocket! :)

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

In a word, "NO"....What happens when you buy a Z at $ 1.00, and in two years you need a new one? If your'e not billing it out at a set rate over a set timeframe, you will have no recovery costs to purchase another. I bet the next one won't be the find of a lifetime, so to say..lol