Super hi-lift Fusions for a Hustler Super-Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PEVO, May 9, 2008.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Are these available? Heres the situation. From what i've seen others on this forum do is install Scag(generic)21 inch long, 3in wide .25in thick 5/8 center, flat, notched Hi-lifts on my 04 60" 28efi Super-Z. The chute has been opened up & spacers installed. These Really help give a excellent cut...BUT at the cost of extra drag on my 28efi. Side by-side these scag blades dwarf standard fusions. BUT these blades combined with 10-12in tall thick wet(morning dew)grass/weeds can really put a strain on my hustler. The suction difference vs. standard fusions is amazing(it sounds like a jet engine under the deck). I'm now wondering if a hi-lift fusion could give me the benefits of the 3in notched hi-lifts without bogging me down quite so much.????

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a set of Exmark Notched high lifts, ther 2 1/2 in wide. Also Oregon makes a set to that are lighter. We took off the fusions to me there a medium lift blade, i think the stink not enough lift ! What did you do to open up the chute and with spacers ? On the blades ? The notched high lifts improved our cut tremendously.

3. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

These mods are to open the chute up on the Deck. Early hustler Super-Zs had a small chute opening. Also they had contour drop blades. Hustler later came out with spacers so you could use straight blades. & dealer instructions on how to improve the deck chute opening. A big improvement.

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Ours is a an 07 the chute is massive and no spacers,the fusions stink ! I checked for ultra high lift fusions,couldnt find any and Hustler said they dont make a higher lift then the ones that were on there. The Exmark notched high lifts were much better with a bigger lift sail. Ive heard others were running Dixie chopper blades . But i think they were the same as the Scag ?