1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super high lift or Gator blades for 60 S/Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PEVO, Oct 5, 2007.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

I'm running standand fusions with the spacers on a 04 super-z 60 w/kohler 28efi. The discharge has been opened up also. Heres my question...my fusions are razer sharp but will not clean cut my properity that has plenty of spinely/wirery grass. This grass has seed shoots or stems that grow very fast & about 2-3ft tall(if you let it) This grass does this in the spring & the fall. Even at full engine rpms & reduced speed my 04 will leave some stragerlers behind. This pisses me off to no end. Also when this crap is discharged, it's almost whole. Can standard Hi-lifts help (i cut at 3.5 in...rough pasture land) Or will gators help to mulch this discharge up? Since this is a 04 deck What gators do i need..since i'm running the drop down spacers. Another poster talked about using SCAG 3in wide High lifts w excellent results. But i'd really like to try Gators(with the top teeth sharpened to really mulch these stems up) Can i use the standard gator for the later model deck, or do i need the offset gators with out the spacers????
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you want to run Gators you can run the Flat Gators for that deck.
    The Hustler part # you need is 794859, this is the flat version of the Gator we used on that deck.