super large bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heather, Aug 8, 2004.

1. heather

heather LawnSite Member

I'm working on a super large bid for a power plant. I 've gone through several searches on this site about bidding and I have a problem. The site is very secure and I can't access it for measuring. I was given a ride through (that took 4 hrs.)I have also only been given 3 days to work up some numbers. this site will require a full time staff of at least 3 people. the site has loads of bushogging and finish mowing.I 'm just going to try and figure up my cost for a start. I will only be bidding against the current contract holder which provides the grounds and facilities main.This contractor will still be on site even if I win the job as they ocupie 50% of the sites offices. Any suggestions will be appreciated
  2. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Surely the power plant has an acreage chart or list. Ask to see a copy of last years contract without the pricing. Or as a last resort you could ger really rough estimates by using Terraserver aerial photographs.
  3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

that site is awesome....that will be the hugest asset to my company holy crap that is sweet.....its so hard to really get the layout of a big property and this is the perfect tool.

this link is my biggest apartment complex we cut....just over 20 acres

this is my biggest snow removal account and most proffitable account
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

you could also go to your property appraiser and get the plat maps or the lot dimesions off their website. In addition I would get a second drive through with a cam corder. Can't bid well on memory alone.
  5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

that site is awesome
  6. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

Thank yo for pointing me to that site. It's great.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

There's another site like that, but color. Can't remember it right now though. :( Seems like it was with the Department of AG?
  8. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

Well if your going to be sending 3 full-time crews out there, it sounds to me like its a neverending job. I would just bid it by an hourly basis per crew. Not sure if you can do that or not, but if you charge $120/hr for all 3 crews, then your making $960/day, minus $500 a day for labor, and maybe $100 for fuel and other misc. supplies, so your profit is $360. Not to bad of a little profit.

Good Luck
  9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

After looking at this site, I have to say Big Brother is watching, and he's not just the U.S. government.
  10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I know the color version of the site, it was newer, at least my area, and I could get it down close enough where I saw my truck at one of the schools I mow.